Sunday 18 April 2010

Sowing: w/c 12 April 2010

My weekly planting plan tells me I need to plant more peas, beans, cabbages, leeks and french beans.

As my leeks are fine, I'm going to make an executive decision (as head gardener) and not sow any more of these and I've also disposed of the 'Crown & Sceptre' broccoli seeds as I've deemed them too old (none of them from March sowing germinated).

Sunday 18th April

Broad beans (witkiem), 15 sown, 1 per module
Pea (hurst greenshaft), 15 sown, 1 per module
Cabbage summer (hispi), 6 sown, 2 per module
Cabbage autumn (minicole), 6 sown, 2 per module
Cabbage winter (tundra), 6 sown, 2 per module
Cabbage winter (red drumhead), 6 sown, 2 per module
Broccoli (purple sprouting), 6 sown, 2 per module
Dwarf bean (The Prince), 9 sown, 1 per module
Dwarf french bean (Purple Queen), 9 sown, 1 per module
Lettuce (Red Salad bowl) 3 rows (scattered) in a 6inch pot

Compost Mix: 3 parts Home-brew compost (sieved) mixed : 2 parts sharp sand

Location: Dining room table indoors

No comments:

Post a Comment