Sunday 24 April 2011

Update on the tomatoes, rocket & salads

Came back from holiday to find a JUNGLE of rocket & salad leaves in my lean-to greenhouse, which were enjoyed with smoked mackerel and tomatoes (shop bought).

The rocket has been harvested and blitzed, olive oil added and decanted into a jam jar, ready for me to use as: pesto, pasta sauce, salad dressing etc etc.

The tomatoes I'm trying to grow aren't showing any signs of life, so I've taken an executive decision and put them in my heated propagator, in the house, as I don't think they were quite used to the variable temperatures of West Monkseaton.  I'm hoping I get some life in the next 7 days, otherwise i'll be a bit worried.

When I start my peppers and chills, I will be starting them off in the propagator.

No comments:

Post a Comment