Sunday 13 March 2011

My new greenhouse (at home)

I've started planting in my new lean-to greenhouse, the old one was fairly small and unheated.  This is the mark2 model, bigger (in height and width) has a sliding door, stronger plastic-windows, shelves are mounted on the wall rather than built into the wooden frame and it's just a lot nicer.  We even got given an old electric heater from Mr Lisa's dad, so we've set it up to stay on overnight and go off during the daytime - this should please the seeds.

Now that we've tidied up (decorated) our dining room, I'm not allowed to grow my seeds in here.  So I've got to sow in the garage and grow from the lean-to.

My planting plan for March instructed: peas & beans w/c 7th March, so I planted some on Sunday 13th March, and there they are.  As you can see, I've recycled some old Flavia cups, cleaned & skewered with holes.


2011-03-13 15.12.45

No comments:

Post a Comment