Friday 16 July 2010

Strawberries gallore


We've had a cracking harvest of strawberries this year, we began harvesting on 16th June, just a few ugly looking specimens, to bowlfuls and bowlfuls of them.  I've got at least 3kg in the freezer, which will be made into jam tomorrow.
Each harvest has been weighed (with stalks) and logged.
I've already had requests from my dad for runners from this years crop, as he's been impressed with the size of the fruit my plants have produced.

I've also had a couple of mutant strawberries:



















These are individual strawberries, and despite their size and weight they still taste really sweet and juicy.

Unfortunately this doesn't beat last years biggest strawberry, which weighed 66g, I blogged about it here http://looopeeelisa.blogspot.com/2009/06/pimp-my-strawberry.html

No comments:

Post a Comment